Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Where has Idalia been? Pt 1.

Hey! I know, I know...I have been gone for a bit but there has been so much going on(all of it good) that I just wanted to get my thoughts together.  This is part 1 of a 5 part series..but enough explanation...here it is(hold on tight):

I started a book club of one.
My friends and I used to have a book club but it quickly halted( it lasted a summer) but I have fond memories of that summer. To the clubs credit we read: Rain of Gold, Perfume,  The Perfectly True Tales of a Perfect size 12 and one or two more books that skip my mind.  The books I am reading are: Secrets of a Former Fat Girl by Lisa Delaney and Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold.  Currently, I am the only memeber of this book club but I am looking forward to the  weekly discussions:). I will be posting some key points that come out of these discussions.


I am taking a spin class three times a week and a hip hop fusion class two times a week at the CRF at UIC.  I feel as if both classes give me a sense of accomplishment.  The very first class of spin is difficult and the seat is not very comfortable but after that you don't feel it that much.  When you are done with those (spin) classes you can't feel but be proud of yourself.


Hip Hop fusion class on the other hand has been such a joy and has taken me out of my comfort zone.  When I first signed up for this class I thought we were just going to be working out to Hip Hop music (which I love!) but boy was I in for a wake up call.  The class is actually broken down into two dances that are choreographed for you to perform at the end of the semester. Yikes! I had always wanted to be part of a choreographed dance but never had the opportunity.  I love this class because everyone is so supportive and encouraging but most of all because I am living a childhood dream. It isn’t the easiest thing to do and I guess as a dancer that is the goal: to make the dance look effortless when in reality you are putting so much effort into the number. 
Here is one of the songs we are dancing to:


Watch out!
Stay tune for the rest of the series!

No comments:

Post a Comment