Friday, January 30, 2009

Another path that must be traveled (preferably in good shoes)-2nd activity


I thought about the second activity I wanted to do which was to volunteer. Although, with all my experience some may say that I am a professional volunteer and was seeking more of an experience. That is why I signed up to run a half marathon on June 27, 2009 in Seattle, Washington for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. I haven't run since the Susan G. Komen 5k (3 miles) last summer. Working out took a back seat to school last semester and I feel it now. I will be training with Team in Training and raising funds as well for the cause ($3,900). I have applied some of my knowledge gained from this class to this goal as well. I started a blog to document my journey (http://ANDRADErunner.blogspot.com/ ). This past weekend was a great introduction and motivational experience because I met my Honored Teammate-a local patient or survivor whose life has been affected by a blood cancer. He was so inspiring and so motivating that it confirmed for me that this is where I need to be at this moment. I have since started fundraising my bundles of cupcakes ($5 per bundle) and every time I give my sales pitch even though I’m nervous I speak with such pride and confidence about the cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment