Friday, April 1, 2011

I'm back

Happy April!

It’s me, Idalia. You remember?! ‘member! 

I know, I know been gone for way to long (a little shy of 6 months but who’s counting). I was surfing the net one night (when I should have been sleeping) and stumbled on a couple of blog sites that introduce people to other blogs: http://www.theladybloggers.com/, http://www.blogsbylatinas.com/ and http://latinablogs.gotop100.com/.  Searching through the countless blogs kept bringing me to the place where I knew I wanted to be…in front of my computer blogging about reading these blogs that others were blogging about. I love blogging but it takes a lot of discipline, dedication and time. Anyone that knows me now knows that time is of the essence and I need to choose wisely what to do with my “down time.” I am partaking in the Tossing It Out challenge for April: basically you blog for every day except Sundays in April and you will end up with 26 blog entries. One for every letter of the alphabet. Cool, huh? Anyway, to reacquaint myself with my readers here a few things about me(a-z):
  • Attached or single: Single but ready to mingle!
  • Best day of the week: Monday/Wednesday…mentoring my two students
  • Cubs or Sox: Sox…all the way…to the World Series
  • Drugs or Hugs: Hugs!
  • Essential item: Blackberry: Pandora, bus tracker, pictures from my sisters. I can go on an on.
  • Favorite song(right now): Rolling in the Deep by Adele
  • Gold or silver: Silver
  • How do you like your Eggs?: Poached with hollandaise sauce
  • Instant connection or long build up: Instant-like my coffee
  • Jeans or Joggers: Jeans
  • Kids: none…wait, do younger sisters count? jk…none
  • Live: Chicago, IL
  • Movie of all time: Dirty Dancing
  • Nicknames: Ida, Idalis, Lalia, “visita”
  • Orange or Apple: Orange-have you tried it in a salad or without any skin? Yums!
  • Parents: Jose D. “Pepe” Andrade and Angelica “Angélique” Calderon Andrade
  • Quote from a movie: “I'm scared of walking out of this room and never feeling the rest of my whole life, the way I feel when I'm with you.”- Baby to Johnny in DD
  • Righty or lefty: Righty!
  • Siblings: Older brother and two younger sisters
  • Time you wake up: On a good day 7:30AM on a typical day 7:42AM
  • Unattainable career: Ballerina
  • Vegetables you dislike: mushrooms and cauliflower
  • What makes you run late: my bestie…laziness and the TV
  • X the best answer: Lucky number __13, __7 or _X_24 (bday!)
  • Yummy food you make: cupcakes, peanut butter jelly sandwich, lasagna rolls, cereal, sopita.
  • Zoo favorite animals: dolphins, polar bears, giraffes
I hope you will come back. Until next time-tootles!

No comments:

Post a Comment