Saturday, March 13, 2010

Great Women in MYstory(history)! Part 1

Happy Women's History Month!!

There have been such incredible additions and subtractions in my life recently that have led me to great enlightenment(stay tuned!). How great is it that we currently are in the month that celebrates BIG and small accomplishments by women in history including contemporary women? I will be using my blog to spotlight some of the extraordinary women that have helped me and or currently help me to envision my future, challenge my beliefs, motivate and empower me and encourage and support me to not only be a better woman but a better human being. The first person I will highlight is the current First Lady, Michelle Obama(fellow Chicagoan). (Confidential information: we are currently trying to get her as a keynote on our campus-keeping our fingers crossed)

If you know me, you know I am a big Obama supporter-Yes We Can! So it only makes sense that I would spotlight Michelle during this series.

I found this video on the TED: Ideas worth spreading website and who doesn’t love TED? Never been to their site-please check it out!

Here is the description provided at the TED site:
Speaking at a London girls' school, Michelle Obama makes a passionate, personal case for each student to take education seriously. It is this new, brilliant generation, she says, that will close the gap between the world as it is and the world as it should be.



I encourage you to watch the video and think about your own path in life.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment