Thursday, November 5, 2009

Join the party!

Does anyone know what Zumba is?

 Well if you are curious check it out here...http://www.zumba.com/us/ or your local fitness center


I love to party especially dance.  Don't get me started on the b-a-n-a-n-a's halloween dance-a thon:) but I was indeed curious ever since Eva mentioned that her and her mom took a class and they loved it.  So I decided to check it out for free yesterday at the UIC Campus Recreation Facility.  The class was good we did a merengue.  It reminded me so much of my Dirty Dancing the movie(my favorite) because they do a merengue number.  I always wanted to dance just like in the movie and think this class would help me get there but this is not what my body needs right now.  I need to burn a bit more calories every day but I do recommend that people check it out.  I'm going to inquire further on becoming a Zumba instructor(interested? find more info on their website) because I think this would be a great thing to bring back to the community.  I think I will pass on the class($45 for six classes) and stick to my free step class and my hip hop fusion.  I would love to try it in the future! Zumba!!!

1 comment: